Welcome to the UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership (UKLAP) and the London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS), which provide their services to you, when using LLAS/UKLAP service, you and we shall be subject to any posted guidelines or rules applicable to such service. All users, members and non-members, are subject to these Terms of Service. If additional or different guidelines or rules apply to a particular service and those guidelines or rules are inconsistent with these Terms of Service those guidelines or rules shall prevail over these Terms of Service.
1. LLAS/UKLAP provides users with access to training which is booked and paid for online, online training and other services. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, any new features that changes or enhances the current services, including new UKLAP/LLAS services, shall be subject to these Terms of Service and any particular posted guidelines or rules applicable to the relevant service. You understand and agree that UKLAP/ LLAS assume no responsibility for the timeliness, deletion, miss-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings.
1.2 LLAS/UKLAP only operates in England not elsewhere. We can only provide services relating to property located in England. If your property is located elsewhere it is your responsibility to notify us.
Trademark and copyright notices
2. The name London Landlord Accreditation Scheme (LLAS) and UK Landlord Accreditation Partnership and all other LLAS/UKLAP logos, names and services referred to by LLAS/UKLAP are trademarks of LLAS & UKLAP. All rights are reserved.
2.1 In order to use the services, where applicable you must obtain access to the World Wide Web, either directly or through devices that access Web-based content, and pay any service fees associated with such access. In addition, you must provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the World Wide Web, including a computer and modem or other access device.
2.2 The copyright of all conference material rests with the LLAS/UKLAP or with the speakers.
2.3 Data Protection Act 1998. When you make a booking your contact details will be stored on our database. We will use this data for the purposes of processing your booking and to contact you in the future with information about other LLAS/UKLAP events and products that may be of interest to you.
3. In consideration of your use of LLAS/UKLAP services, you agree to: (a) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by any registration or similar form or other request (such information being the "Registration Data") and (b) maintain and promptly update the Registration Data to keep it true, accurate, current, and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, or UKLAP/LLAS has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current, or incomplete, UKLAP/LLAS has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of UKLAP/LLAS services (or any portion of them).
Member accounts and security
4. When you use any UKLAP/LLAS online service, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. When you visit UKLAP/LLAS on-line services or send e-mails to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications should be in writing. You must comply with all instructions and guidelines notified to you.
Disclaimer of liability
5. You expressly understand and agree that:
5.1 This site and all UKLAP/LLAS services are provided by UKLAP/LLAS on as “as is” and “as available” basis. UKLAP/LLAS makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or any other service provided to you or the information, content, materials, or products included on this site or otherwise provided to you or their correctness or accuracy. You expressly agree that your use of this site or any service is at your own risk.
5.2 UKLAP/LLAS makes no warranty that 1. LLAS or UKLAP services will meet your requirements, 2. LLAS/UKLAP services will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, 3. the results that may be obtained from the use of UKLAP/LLAS services will be accurate or reliable, 4. the quality of any products, services, information, or other material obtained by you through UKLAP/LLAS services will meet your expectations, or that 5. Any errors in the software will be corrected.
5.3 To the full extent permissible by applicable law, UKLAP/LLAS disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties or satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose, compatibility, security and accuracy. UKLAP/LLAS does not warrant that this site, it’s servers, or e-mail sent from UKLAP/LLAS are free of viruses or other harmful components or that it will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected. We accept no liability for hacking or any virus or contamination or attack.
5.4 You expressly understand and agree that UKLAP/LLAS shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, business, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses (even if UKLAP/LLAS has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (1) the use or inability to use UKLAP/LLAS services; (2) the cost of procurement or substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into, through or from UKLAP/LLAS services; (3) unauthorised access to alteration of your transmissions or data; (4) statements or conduct of any third party on UKLAP/LLAS services; or (5) any other matter relating to UKLAP/LLAS service.
5.5 Nothing in this Clause will limit or exclude liability for fraud or death or personal injury caused by our negligence.
6. Due to the nature of the services provided the UKLAP/LLAS can only give general information guidance and advice. The UKLAP/LLAS cannot be aware of the individual circumstances applicable to any user or the circumstances surrounding any property belonging to or under the control or management of any user. Users should obtain and rely on appropriate advice from a qualified professional persons relating to their specific circumstances. Your attention is drawn to the disclaimer of liability/exclusion of warranties.
6.1 In particular, individual local authorities and other statutory bodies are the enforcing authorities for various legislative provisions which will apply to users. Information regarding their standards, practice and procedures as well as their interpretation and application of legislation (which may vary between authorities/bodies) should be obtained from the particular authority/body.
7. You understand that all information, data, text, charts, tables, software, video, music, sound, graphics, photographs, illustrations, artwork, names, logos, trademarks, service marks or other materials ("Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such Content originated. This means that you, and not UKLAP/LLAS are entirely responsible for all Content that you post, e-mail, give or otherwise transmit via UKLAP/LLAS services. UKLAP/LLAS does not control the Content posted by you or any third party via UKLAP/LLAS online services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content. Under no circumstances will UKLAP/LLAS be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, for any errors or omissions in any Content, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, e-mailed, given or otherwise transmitted by you or any third party via UKLAP/LLAS services.
7.1 You acknowledge and agree that UKLAP/LLAS may preserve Content and may also disclose Content if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (1) comply with legal process; (2) enforce the Terms of Service (3) respond to claims that any Content violates the rights of third- parties; or (4) protect the rights, property, or personal safety of UKLAP/LLAS, its users, and the public. Content may be deleted or modified by the UKLAP/LLAS in its discretion.
7.2 You understand that the technical processing and transmission of UKLAP/LLAS on line services, including your Content, may involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7.3 Any Content provided by you must not be defamatory, offensive, obscene or otherwise objectionable. It must not be in breach of any copyright or other Intellectual property rights. It must comply with all legal requirements.
Ownership and use of content
8. All rights in any Content supplied by UKLAP/LLAS belong to the UKLAP/LLAS or the person by whom such content has been provided to the UKLAP/LLAS. It is your responsibility to update/correct any Content which is in inaccurate, misleading or out of date.
8.1 You agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any of the Content supplied by us or display it in a different format or manner or to use it for any purpose other than for your personal use or for use in connection with your business of owning letting or managing rented residential accommodation.
8.2 Any Content or UKLAP/LLAS service must only be used in accordance with all applicable law and regulations and in particular (without prejudice to the generality of these provisions) the Data Protection legislation and regulations.
8.3 Where any Content is subject to third party rights any applicable notices or logos must be retained. In such case any content must not be copied or used without the permission of the Owner.
Public content posted to UKLAP/LLAS
9. With respect to all content you elect to post, upload, input, provide, or submit to UKLAP/LLAS services, you grant UKLAP/LLAS the royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and fully sub-licensable right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
Modifications to service
10. UKLAP/LLAS reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, UKLAP/LLAS services (or any part thereof), with or without notice. You agree that UKLAP/LLAS shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuance of UKLAP/LLAS services.
11. UKLAP/LLAS reserves the right to change the amount of, or basis for determining, any fees or charges for the UKLAP/LLAS service, and to institute new fees or charges effective upon prior notice, by posting such changes on UKLAP/LLAS site. Any payment due must be made at the time and in the manner specified. VAT may be charged in addition.
12. If you are not a member of the UKLAP/LLAS you agree that UKLAP/LLAS in its sole discretion, may terminate your account (or any part thereof) or use of UKLAP/LLAS services, and remove and discard any Content within UKLAP/LLAS services, for any reason. You agree that any termination of your access to UKLAP/LLAS services may be effected without prior notice, and acknowledge and agree that UKLAP/LLAS may immediately deactivate or delete your account and all related information and files in your account and/or bar any further access to such files or UKLAP/LLAS services.
12.1 If you are a member of the UKLAP/LLAS the UKLAP/LLAS may exercise the rights in 14.1 for good reason or if you breach the Code of Conduct, no longer Fit & proper or breach the terms of service or any other applicable posted guidelines and rules.
12.2 You agree that UKLAP/LLAS shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to UKLAP/LLAS services where permitted under this paragraph.
13. You acknowledge and agree that UKLAP/ LLAS services and any necessary software used in connection with UKLAP/LLAS online services ("Software") contain proprietary and confidential information that is protected by applicable intellectual property and other laws. You further acknowledge and agree that information presented to you through UKLAP/LLAS services is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. You must not breach these.
Changes to the Terms of Service
15. The UKLAP/LLAS reserve the right, to make changes to any parts of the documents or these Terms of Service or the guidelines and rules applicable to any particular service. When this occurs details of the amendments will be published on the UKLAP/LLAS website. Your continued use of the UKLAP/LLAS website is taken as your agreement to be bound by these Terms of Service or the guidelines and rules as amended.
16. These Terms of Service and any guidelines and rules applicable to a particular service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
17. If these Terms of Service or any guidelines and rules applicable to a particular service or any part of them should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable under the laws of any state or country in which these Terms of Service and guidelines and rules are intended to be effective, then to the extent that they are so illegal, invalid or unenforceable, they shall in that state or country be treated as severed and deleted from these Terms of Service and any guidelines and rules and the remaining Terms of Service and any guidelines and rules shall survive and remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable in that state or country.
Conflict with other agreements
18. If there is any conflict between these Terms of Service and any other written agreement between you and us then the latter shall prevail.
Events beyond our control
19. The UKLAP/LLAS will not be responsible for any breach of these Terms of Service or any guidelines and rules applicable to a particular service caused by circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
Third party rights
20. A person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the UK Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act
22. You will indemnify UKLAP/LLAS against all actions costs claims demands and liabilities arising directly or indirectly out of any claim by or liability to any third party against UKLAP/LLAS arising out of or connected with your use of any UKLAP/LLAS Service or Content
Third party terms and conditions
23. When any UKLAP/LLAS service is provided to the UKLAP/LLAS by a third party (“the Provider”) in order to enable the service to be provided to you the service is subject to the Provider’s posted terms and conditions so far as applicable. Where there is any conflict between the Terms of Service of any Provider and us then the UKLAP/LLAS Terms of Service or other rules and guidelines shall prevail.
23.1 You agree not to do anything which is a breach of the Provider’s terms and conditions where they are posted on the UKLAP/LLAS website.
23.2 Indemnity also applies if there is any claim against us arising out of any breach of any of the Provider’s terms and conditions.
The UKLAP/LLAS as an introducer
24. Where any services are provided by a third party this will be indicated online or in other documentation provided relating to the particular service involved. In such a case any order is given to the Provider and any contract is between you and the Provider. The UKLAP/LLAS is not a party to such a contract. In such a situation the UKLAP/LLAS acts purely as an introducer. We are NOT acting as Agent for either you or for the Provider.
24.1 The UKLAP/LLAS is not in any way liable to you under or in respect of any contract between you and the Provider. The UKLAP/LLAS accepts no liability whatsoever or responsibility for any act, omission, failure or breach of contract on the part of the Provider or anyone else acting on behalf of the Provider and all such liability is disclaimed.